DR VIVEK KUMAR
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Vivek Kumar - Best heart doctor in Apollo hospital Delhi and Cardiologist in Apollo, Sarita Vihar Delhi
Dr. Vivek Kumar is a Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi.
Dr. Vivek Kumar is one of the best Heart specialists and Cardiologists in South Delhi, India. Dr. Vivek Kumar has an immense experience of more than 12 years in the field of Cardiology and has cured thousands of patients successfully and is thus counted amongst the finest heart doctor in South Delhi and best heart specialist doctor in Delhi. He is an expert in Leadless Pacemaker Implantation and has been trained in the latest technology of valve transplant i.e. TAVI thus becoming the Best Pacemaker Doctor in Delhi and the Best Arrhythmia Specialist in South Delhi.
- Senior Consultant Cardiology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. 2021- presently
- Consultant Cardiology , MSSH, Saket, New Delhi. 2016- 2021
- Associate consultant, MSSH, Saket, New Delhi. 2013-2016
- Junior consultant, Delhi heart lung institute, New Delhi - 2012-2013
- DM ( SR) - CARDIOLOGY , IMS, BHU, Varanasi - 2009-2012
Dr. Vivek Kumar has an immense experience of more than 12 years in the field of Cardiology and is included in the list of top heart specialists in the Apollo Hospital Delhi Cardiology doctors list.
Experienced in Interventional cardiology procedures
- Trans radial angiography and angioplasty
- Complex angioplasties including Rotablation , IVL
- Coronary physiology and Imaging; FFR, IVUS and OCT
- Peripheral angiography & preipheral angioplasty
- Permanent pacemaker implantation, including HBP and LBBP
- ICD and CRTD implantation
- Cardiac Electrophysiology study, 3D mapping and RFA
- Structural Heart Intervention – TAVR & MITRA clip, BMV, BAV
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Nmch, Patna, Magadh University, Bodh Gaya
- Distinction in Physiology, Biochemistry and Obst. & gynae
- Awarded Gold medal
- Institute of medical sciences
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Institute of medical sciences
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
International Preceptorship in Structural heart intervention – TAVR & MITRA clip
- Cleveland Clinic , Ohio , USA
Evolut R Certification Program & Heart Team Training
Complex Coronary Observership
- Sagamihara Kyodo Hospital, Kangawa & Fujisawa Tokusyukai Hospital, Kanagawa & Pranex, Japan.
MedEvar : Medtronic Basic EVAR Training Program
- TPTC, Mumbai
PCI Optimization Workshop
- 2018, Lisie Hospital, Kochi, India
SCAI Adult Interventional Cardiology Fellows Course- Asia
- 2013, New Delhi
- Life member CSI
- Life member Delhi CSI
- Life Member Indian Heart Rhythm Society
Publication and Research
Published research papers in various National and International publications of repute. Publication include papers in coronary intervention, cardiac electro-physiology and structural heart intervention. To my name has the credit of discovering a rare congenital anomaly of venous system in the heart and naming the vein i.e. “coronary veno-cardinal vein”. (Pacing Clin Electro-physiol. 2021;44:178-180)
- Ponnusamy SS, Arora V, Namboodiri N, Kumar V, Kapoor A, Vijayaraman P. Left bundle branch pacing: A comprehensive review. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2020; 31: 2462-2473.
- Kumar, V., Arora, V., Jain, D., Anwar, J., Prasad, D., & Kumar, V. (2020). Clinical Profile and Outcomes in Young Patients of St Ele-vation Myocardial Infarction. Frontiers Journal of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Medicine, 1(1), 1-10.
- Viveka Kumar , Rajendra Agarwal , Mitendra Singh Yadav , Sang-eeta Dhir, Vivek Kumar. Implantation of the Micra transcatheter pacing system: A single center North India experience. Indian Pac-ing Electrophysiol J. 2020 Nov 17;S0972-6292(20)30119-4. DOI: 10.1016/j.ipej.2020.10.005.
- Viveka Kumar, Vivek Kumar, Kajal Kumari, K.K. Talwar, Divya Pra-sad, Sunil Agarwal, M.S. Yadav a, Hamed Bashir, Suman Jatain, S.K. Gupta. Clinical safety profile of ticagrelor compared to clopidogrel in 1206 patients: Real world evidence. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ehj.2018.05.002
- V Kumar, H Bashir, M Yadav, V Kumar, M Bhargav, S Jatin, A Goel3, S Dhir, CP Roy. Comparative Assessment of Revascularization Ver-sus Drug Management in Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) Associat-ed with Left Ventricular Dysfunction (EF (40%) – A 12 Month Study with FDG PET & SPECT MPI Analyses. Journal of The Associ-ation of Physicians of India. Vol. 68 .November 2020.
- P. R. Gupta, D. Jain, Kamaljeet, Dillip, Vivek, Vikas, Deba. Compari-son of Left Ventricular Function by Doppler Imaging in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus with and without Systemic Hypertension. Asian journal of Clinical Cardiology.2011;13(10):287-293.
- Kumar V, et.al. A rare case of hypoplastic coronary sinus partially draining into right superior vena cava: A case report. Pacing Clin Elec-trophysiol. 2021;44:178-180
- Awasthy Neeraj, Viveka Kumar, Dinesh Bisht, Vivek Kumar. Percuta-neous closure of a left ventricular pseudoaneurysm: Case report with review of cases. IHJ Cardiovascular Case Reports (CVCR) 4 (2020) 104-107
- Kumar V et al., Minimizing hardware using physiological conduction system pacing: A case, IHJ Cardiovascular CaseReports (CVCR), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ihjccr.2020.08.002
- Viveka Kumar, Vivek Kumar. Successful management of left main cor-onary artery obstruction following transcatheter aortic valve implan-tation.IHJ Cardiovascular Case Reports (CVCR).Volume 4, Issue 2,2020,Pages 58-60.
- Kumar Viveka, Kumar Vivek. A case of multivessel PTCA in achondro-plasia patient. Egyptian Heart Journal - March 2016; DOI: 10.1016/j.ehj.2016.03.001
- GUPTA PR, KUMAR VIVEK, MAHANTO DILIP. A Large cardiac tumour presenting with RV inflow and outflow tract obstruction with com-plete heart block and non sustained ventricular tachycardia. IAE J. 2010;22:119-120.
- Chapter – Electrocardiography in Syncope: Diagnostic, Prognostic, and Therapeutic Implications. Vivek Kumar, Vanita Arora. Advances in Clini-cal Cardiovasular Imaging Echocardiography & Interventions(ACCI-E): A textbook of Cardiology. First edition: 2019. ISBN 978-93-5270-696-9
- Chapter - Oral Anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation for Stroke Preven-tion: Old is Gold. Viveka Kumar, Vivek Kumar. Atrial Fibrillation Update: A textbook of Cardiology. First edition: 2017. ISBN: 978-93-86261-95-3
- Chapter - Complex Coronary Angioplasty in STEMI. Viveka Kumar, Vivek Kumar.STEMI : A Cardiology Update. First Edition: 2016. ISBN 978-93-5250-194-6
- Chapter - Update on Asymptomatic Valvular heart disease: why and when to intervene . Gupta PR, Kamaljit, Mahanto Dilip, Kumar Vivek, Ku-mar Vikash, Rajiv. Published in CARDICON 2010.
- Reviewer of Journal : Cardiology in the Young,Cambridge University Pres
- Reviewer of Egyptian Heart Journal
- Euro PCR 2015, Paris- Interesting case presentation
- AICT ASIA PCR 2019, Singapore- interesting case presentations
- Interesting case of TAVR in a post-MVR patient
- A case of post-TAVR cardiovascular collapse
- Cardioembolic AMI in,
- Indian Heart Rhythm Society, New Delhi, 2019 Case - Minimalistic Venoplasty for Pacing
- CSI – NIC 2019, Lucknow Presented challenging case
- CSI-NIC,MID TERM MEET, 2017 New Delhi, Presented challenging case
- CSI 2016, KOCHI, KERALA MODERATE POSTER PRESENTATION
- A case of Cronkhite-Canada syndrome was presented at UPICON - 2007
- MD Thesis on Evaluation of Prognostic Markers in Acute Pancreatitis
- DM Thesis on Correlation between NT- pro- BNP levels and diastolic dysfunc-tion in patients with Non ST segment Elevation ACS